Banner- University Medicine South Campus, Diabetes Prevention and Education Center, Abrams Building, 3950 S. Country Club Rd., Tucson, AZ
Join a new Diabetes Prevention Program group starting now! The nationally-certified DPP (Diabetes Prevention Program) is a best-practice program for people who are at high risk for getting type 2 diabetes.
2 Groups Starting! Groups run for an hour weekly, with one group on Wednesdays from 11 am to noon and a second group from 5:30 - 6:30 pm. You can join either one. The focus is on weight loss, fitness, stress management, and nutrition, and is conducted in a fun, interactive style.
You may be at high risk if you can answer yes to three or more of these questions:
1. Do you have elevated blood sugar readings (A1c 5.7-6.4%, Fasting Plasm Glucose 100-125 mg/dL)? Older than 40? Have a close family member who has diabetes?
2. Do you have high blood pressure?
3. Are you not physically active?
4. Are you overweight or obese?
5. Have you ever been diagnosed with gestational diabetes or prediabetes?
Call Banner Health's Diabetes Prevention and Education Center for more information at (520) 626-1609, or email Chuck at Charles.Palm@bannerhealth.com. This program is free to anyone and no insurance or co-pay is required.