From October 30 - December 11, University of Arizona Sarver Heart Center faculty scheduled six lectures for Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) Central Tucson Campus, 4485 N. 1st Ave. Topics are:
- Growing Your Own Heart Cells – What’s the realistic potential of stem cell therapies? - Jared Churko, PhD
- Health Disparities – Is unconscious bias affecting your medical care? - Khadijah Breathett, MD, MS
- Why do men and women receive different care for the same heart disease? - Elizabeth Juneman, MD
- Curing Cancer While Protecting Your Heart – More and more people are cancer survivors, but how does the cancer cure affect your future heart health? - Olivia Hung, MD, PhD
- Heart Rhythm Disorders – What’s the role of medications, technology and the Apple Watch? - Peter Ott, MD
- Amyloid Heart Disease - Nancy Sweitzer, MD, PhD
OLLI classes are available to members only. For information for future programs, visit the OLLI website.