Welcome to the next group of fellows in the cardiovascular disease fellowship at Sarver Heart Center in the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson. The six fellows who matched to the program will come from both coasts of the United States as well as from across town in Tucson.
- Joshua Beverly, MD, is completing his internal medicine residency at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, Calif.
- Khurram Butt, MBBS, currently a hospitalist as Banner – University Medical Center Tucson, completed his residency at Advent Health in Orlando, Fla.
- Muhammad Pervez, MBBS, is completing his residency at Jacobi Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York.
- Sanjay Polisetty, MBBS, is completing residency at University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson, South Campus.
- Sharanyah Srinivasan, MBBS, also is finishing her residency at COM-T, South Campus.
- Sai Vanam, MBBS, is completing residency at University of California, San Diego.
The Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program, launched in 1971 and certified in 1988, is a three-year training program affiliated with the University of Arizona Sarver Heart Center, a center of excellence at the UArizona College of Medicine – Tucson, with more than 165 members who are cardiologists, cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons, neurologists, research scientists and numerous other medical specialists.